Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Player Profile: Jason Isham


(Isham being attacked by the werewolf)
We sat down with I league Super Ringer and C League Master Jason Isham and talked about life...

Q. When did you learn to play hockey?
A. A few years ago when my life partner, Scott Olson, said I should give it a try.

Q. Where did you learn to play?
A. Bedford Little Boys Ranch

Q. Who is the hockey player you most want to become like?
A. Well I have a lot of hockey heroes; Sharma, Hodges, Briscoe, Daniel Barr. Some people have likened me to Crosby, but there is one person I wish I could be.

Q. Who might that be?
A. That person is Bobby Sirkis. The guy is just an incredible and gifted athlete. Plus he gets all the chicks. Who wouldn't want to be like that man?

Q. Talk a little more about Bobby Sirkis’ role in your hockey career.
A. I got the privilege to play in a tournament with him last year in Frisco. That was awesome, I learned so much.

Q. What is your favorite food?
A. I am a huge nut fan. I like them salty, roasted, candied…you put some nuts infront of my face, I will eat them.

Q. What is your most favorite hockey memory?
A. It happened just last season. We were playing The Hockey Team in D league, and we were down by a goal with less than a minute left, we pull our goalie and Sirkis comes on as the extra attacker. Well I am doing what I do best, skate in circles with my head down. Then Sirkis comes out of no where and steals the puck from me and scores. I thought I still had the puck! It was amazing. Oh how I wish I could be like him!

Q. What is the best team in I league this season?
A. I would have to say it is a tie between the Patriots and Mayhem. I can’t decide because I have so many heroes on each team. I don’t want to anger any of them.

Q. What songs do you have on your Ipod?
A. We Built This City, I Feel Like A Woman, My Humps, Macarena, Ice Ice Baby, Feelings, These Boots Are Made For Walking, Hit Me Baby One More Time, Barbie Girl, and my most favorite, I get around. I inherited this great song as my theme song for my ability to spend countless minutes skating around in circles with the puck and not passing.

Q. Who is better Jack Bauer or Chuck Norris?
A. Neither, Jeff Vaughan.

Q. What do you think of the ringer problem?
A. Ringers are what makes the game great. People should just learn to skate. But I understand, nobody can be like me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe jennifer gave you guys that picture. damnit!!! little balls, its the wrong time to mess with me, just before 6-10. awww hell...i got to give it to you....that was greatness.

Jesse Gonzales said...

ROFLMFAO

THAT IS GREATNESS ! ! ! !

Anonymous said...

nate, how do people get the entire unedited interview?

Anonymous said...

Isham getting the Werewolf? That's hot.

Unknown said...

Isham, that is the gayest picture ever!!!! LMFAO!!!!

Nate, you rule!!!

LOL!!!!

#91 said...

Greatness Nate! LMAO

Anonymous said...

I second that comment, squatting in front of a werewolf is just really gay.

Nate this is greatness

sharma

Anonymous said...

i've seen that statue before....right outside of gayville

Anonymous said...

thats not a statue, that is isham

Anonymous said...

What's more gay Isham's Ipod selections or Richard Simmons?