Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Playing With Your Mouth

I have never been very good with the minimalist thing, I like excess, indulgence, and if I'm going to have a leisure activity, why wouldn't I want to heap it up with even more of what I want? So, what does it take to motivate you? Do you have such a pure love of the game that all you need is a scheduled opponent? Are you more like me and feel the need to taunt your opponent even as he or she is barreling down the ice right at you? Perhaps you need to lay some money down in order to get your hockey on right. . . so long as there's no "House" on the take, it's perfectly legal. I did recently throw up a hundred dollar price tag on some feat, to someone up in the crossbar the other night. . . Oh well, whatever and whoever that was, I'm sure it was a sure thing.

Competition is my best motivator, and I want my competitor to be as on the spot as I am. Nothing gets it done as well as some off-color trash talk. If you've ever skated around my net, you may have even heard some things being said to you, if not, get your name on the back of your jersey.

It doesn't always work out as planned, I remember last week I was letting Alex Eysermanns have it right up until he scored on me. But, I know he probably couldn't have done it without my special brand of inspiration, besides, he still lost the game.

Some people abhor trash talk, and want everyone to play a stoic, gentleman's game. Like I said this is my leisure time, it's an all you can eat buffet of good time fun and I want all I can put on the plate.

Do you think trash talk is good for hockey or not?



P.S. I missed the first minute or two of "Gay or Not Gay" on Tuesday, did someone send something in about me?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

you kiss your mom with that mouth?

Anonymous said...

1st shift of the game, I'm skating in to forecheck a defender and I hear someone on their bench yelling "nobody on!" I think "what am I, invisible?" and it pisses me off. I skate harder and surprise the guy, take the puck and put it on net and it goes in. There goes your Nobody on, you douche.
Being like the oldest player on my team makes me try a little harder too I think. I don't want to just be on the ice, I want to help.
22 pucker

Anonymous said...

ummm.....congrats?? you want a cookie or something?

littleA said...

Competition may or may not be good for hockey, but I know it's good for running. I'm going to beat you in the half, jon. That's right, a tiny little woman is going to beat you!!!

Anonymous said...

chocolate chip please. This is trash talk talk. Keep up.

One time there was 30 seconds left in the period but the other bench started counting down from 5 and I shot the thing immediately. Pretty funny how they fooled me.

Rick 22

Anonymous said...

The counting down of the clock from 5 seconds, when there is actually 15 - 30 seconds is my bit...and if you don't know how much time is left and actually listen to me and shoot it...that is really funny.

#5 Chiefs

Anonymous said...

I think that was the Chiefs. After the game they said it works only on retards.

#22 puckers

Anonymous said...

retards, puckers...what ever name they are going by now.

Anonymous said...

Puckers are retards.

Anonymous said...

I know you are, but what am I?

Anonymous said...

Schedule, schedule, schedule, fucking schedule!

bcIII said...

I apparently lack the power to remove comments now ^, I assure you, I feel your pain, but you should use a little self censoring.

Anonymous said...

I'm gay and I use my catching glove on more than to stop pucks.

bcIII

bcIII said...

It has a very large pocket. . .