Tuesday, July 22, 2008

For Ryan

I just found that our own Sean Avery edited a list of twenty worst sports jerseys, including an Anaheim Ducks jersey, a Vancouver Canucks jersey, and an L.A. Kings jersey.


In no particular order, here are some atrocious jerseys, enjoy!

This is the one that got me started so long ago, I actually like this one, sorta.


Just put the Milwaukee Admirals into a Google image search. . . Every year, they turn out two or three special occasion jerseys to be auctioned-off after the game for charity. Come on people, it's for charity!















I have always heard that playing in the minors is a beating: cheap travel, struggling for a roster spot, bad pay, bad food, bad attitudes, I guess the jerseys are just part of the package.


The Bluejackets are making huge strides in cleaning up their freshman jerseys.


The poor Islanders are an historic and storied franchise, unfortunately their logo was designed by a fourth grader. Teal? Then there was the appearance of that grizzled, brutish longshoreman.











Nothing says "classic", like "expansion team"


Is this the jersey of some renegade figure skating team, the New York Golden Blades, surely a yankee would know better.


This one is hard to see in the action shot, but it all comes down to the logo on this specimen. Is this a young Indian brave playing horsey on a hockey stick? And, just a minute, am I off base here or is there some other definition for "invader" that I am unaware of?














And last but not least, how would the Privateers look in these?












See my new posts at My Covered Dish Bliss

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Islanders jerseys in the 1990's were the ugliest jerseys I ever seen. The Atlanta Thrashers home jerseys resemble the MLB powder blue road jerseys worn in the 70's and 80's.

But I wonder if "Larry the Cable guy" designed the plaid jerseys.

Anonymous said...

"I wonder if "Larry the Cable guy" designed the plaid jerseys."

Ask him next time you go home.

littleA said...

I think the Indian brave thought he got the new Harry Potter vibrating broomstick...

Anonymous said...

I'm gay oh wait that is the blue devils

Anonymous said...

blue devils kick your ass, chump.

Antoine D'Aubernoun said...

Call me crazy, but I kinda liked the Gorton Fishstick Man on the Islanders jerseys...

I know, spoken like a true Privateer.

Randy...
Privateers (lapsed), #8