Sunday, January 06, 2008

Stars Game on a Whim

Yes, you can get into a sold-out Stars game at the last minute. I tried it Saturday for the Red Wings game. Got on the train and went down with a few bucks in my pocket but no ticket. The first wino-looking scalper I approached at the AAC would sell them only two at a time.

Half hour before game time, I go to the box office. I flash my StarCenter VIP card and say I want a half-price ticket, best they have. A man with a clipboard standing behind the ticket vendor says the half-price deal (did you know we get those?) doesn't apply on Saturdays, but he'll cut me some slack. They sell me a half-price ticket for $49.50.

I sit here, 10 rows off the glass:



Too bad the Stars didn't show up.

BC

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just because you are under 48" and had to sit in someones lap!


Nice seat tho!

Anonymous said...

I got a call 3 hours before the game was to begin from a season ticket holder who knew that I am a 31 year Michigan resident / Texas Transplant who would certainly appreciate getting two free tickets to this game. So I called up an I-League teammate, put on my Red Wings Jersey and headed off to enjoy an old fashion spankin'. What a great time!

Anonymous said...

um....bc is over 48"

Blog Alternate Captain said...

I use my old college ID an hour before game time: all upper deck tickets $10, all lower deck tickets $25.

glorious