Friday, March 27, 2009

Karaoke, Anyone?

I don't have the clearance to post one of the surveys, like BC does. You know, the ones over there on the right side of the screen? So, I need to get your input via comments below this post. . .

I ran the idea by Yockey to hire a Karaoke host/DJ for Keg night. He liked it but didn't say anything else. As you might have guessed, it costs money- the guy I know (they do a good show and have a huge selection of songs) needs $300 dollars to make it happen. I will be checking with the Starcenter to see what they can do, and I may have another small sponsor also. . .

Is this going to meet with no success? Will everyone hate me?

Does someone else have a contact (or a sugar-daddy?) that will turn out a good show? It's gotta be at least a somewhat professional production, don't bring your machine if you couldn't sell it to someone else.

So, let's hear your take:

Would you participate?

Would you be willing to pay for it? If so, how much?

It's your call, America!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd participate... as for the cost, don't we pay enough? LOL

Anonymous said...

"Can't we just plug in the jukebox? That wouldn't cost me anything and wouldn't require any effort on my part."

- Tom Yockey

bcIII said...

^^that's cold^^

Anonymous said...

I'd participate but I don't know about paying anything to make it happen... hockey is already expensive enough.

Caliente Pocket said...

Hodges would be great at it, he can hit the high notes seeing as he has no balls.

Anonymous said...

How about something featuring randy shipp and a farm animal?

Antoine D'Aubernoun said...

That's been done before. But your mom swore it was a one-time only performance, so no dice.

stone cold said...

Hodges can break pains of glass with his singing!

Anonymous said...

free or not at all

Anonymous said...

I'd crank out a few songs... might be a bit pitchy but I think I could make them my own. I would not throw any of my money at this. It's an ok idea, but I kinda like the fact that you can sit around, watch the game and not have to compete with loud music/noise while talking to friends. Plus, some people like to listen to the games on the TV's. That's my 2 cents.

The Other Ellis
(your American Idol)