Tuesday, September 16, 2008

FREE FREE FREE



Here's an opportunity for free stuff. NYTEX is having its second equipment swap. Last year, I took some sticks I didn't like, and I swapped them for some pants I did like, and a couple sticks to boot.

Check this out: You won't be disappointed.

Here's what Knute sent me:

"Sat. and Sun., Sept 20th and 21st, we will be holding our second annual Skate and Equipment Swap at NYTEX Sports Centre. We will start at 10 a.m. and go to 5 p.m. each day.

"All equipment is free and you do not have to donate gear to pick up gear. Please pass this along to folks that you know in the hockey community and let us make this as successful as last year's event."

For a map to NYTEX, click here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful.....nothing is really free to Knute. He is in a money-making venture....not charity!

Anonymous said...

New to this...When is a good time to head out there? Should we drop off stuff before it starts or what?

Anonymous said...

How about, never!

Anonymous said...

I attended this event, dropping off shin and shoulder gear, and picking up a fairly serious piece of Pant(s). Knute remarked that 'last year it was so much better with tables piled up with gear to the rafters', while this year, I didnt find any sticks (at all) or skates worth anything. Some goalie pads were available, but only if you are 10 years old.

Anonymous said...

are you left or right handed?

Anonymous said...

i shoot left.

Anonymous said...

I have one left handed stick left They cost $125.00 I paid 50.OO !

Anonymous said...

Knute gave me his cup. For free.

Anonymous said...

Its not to small is it?