Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stars News...

DALLAS STARS RELIEVE DOUG ARMSTRONG
FROM DUTIES AS GENERAL MANAGER

FRISCO, Tex., -- Dallas Stars Chairman of the Board and Owner Thomas O. Hicks announced today that he has relieved Doug Armstrong from his duties as General Manager of the hockey club.

“As an owner I have to be responsible for one person in Hockey Operations and that is the General Manager of the team,” said Hicks. “I thought that the team needed a change in direction. I know that change can be healthy and it was my determination that this move needed to be made. I want the Dallas Stars to return to being one of the elite teams in the league.

“Doug has been a great member of this organization for 17 years and has been a big part of the success we have had here in Dallas, starting under Bob Gainey and winning seven division titles, two Presidents' Trophies, making two consecutive Stanley Cup Finals appearances and winning the Stanley Cup in 1999. He has been our General Manager for the past five years, and we've been to the playoffs the past four seasons.”

Armstrong's contract was set to expire at the conclusion of the 2010-11 season.

“There is no question that Doug will continue to have a solid career in hockey as the future general manager of an NHL team,” said Hicks. “I would like to thank him for his efforts and I wish him and his family nothing but the best.”

Hicks said that the team will announce interim positions to run the Stars' hockey operations department in the near future.

--stars--







(hopefully we can see some changes...like...winning?)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tippett is next. Oh how the heads will be rolling....

Anonymous said...

Maybe now we can draft some forwards with some SIZE instead of the undersized europeans.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the blogger above. Tippett is next.

Don't be surprised if Turco is gone before the trade deadline.

Anonymous said...

Turco has a no-trade clause that activates from the previous year stats (starts, wins, etc.)

Since he reached all his contractual "goals" last season, he cant be traded this year unless he agrees. And the teams he would agree to be traded to probably dont need goalies.

Besides, he's not the problem...

Anonymous said...

Well, here it is Wednesday, and still no results post. I guess everyone is still too busy? Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I should just stop coming to this blog expecting to be entertain like the good old days. I was thinking since Nate isn't playing I league anymore, maybe he's not really into it anymore. Anyone have time to do it?

Anonymous said...

Why dont you do it?

If you've got time to bag on Nate, then you've probably got the time to throw out some results and previews...

Anonymous said...

Nate does a great job with this blog in my opinion and for someone to come up with all the previews, scores, commentary and game reviews each week is a freakin miracle in my mind. Plus he gives it a humorous touch to remind us not to take it too seriously. I for one don't know each and every team in the league and who plays on them with the detail that Nate does. Hang in there Nate, you are appreciated.

Anonymous said...

how about pointstreak.com jackass

Anonymous said...

is that "pointstreak.com/jackass" or "pointstreak.com.jackass"?

Anonymous said...

I wasn't really trying to bag on Nate as much as I was saying how disappointing it was not to have the results on Monday or Tuesday, and the previews on Thursday or Friday. As a matter of fact, I was suggesting that I really do enjoy it so much that I miss it. I think Nate does a great job too. I think he's really funny and can write them well. But if he doesn't have time or isn't interested in it, maybe someone who is good at writing should take over. Ya'll just get your head out of Nate's butt and calm down.

Anonymous said...

jackass

Anonymous said...

You guys are way too serious!!!!

Anonymous said...

you are too serious, jackass